Saturday, October 10, 2009

Unable to find a C or C++ NLG open source tool this week

So, I've been exploring the area of NLG, natural langugae generation. My personal goal was to develop an application that would read a corpus and respond with either a summary of the corpus, or a response to the categories found. In either case, I wanted the summary or response to not just be a template where the noun/verb/adjective/predicates were merely filled in. That's no better than using grep.

As of this week, I can only find API's written in Java, Python, Lisp, and Prolog. Many of the listed NLG API's or applications haven't been touched in years, or are no longer available. Much to my displeasure, nothing in C or C++. I want something that will run lean, mean, and can scale to datasets over a terabyte in size.

No comments: